Indigo Le Moulin
At Saint-Martin d'Ardèche, on the edge of a river and at the gateway to the Ardèche Gorges...
Le Moulin Indigo Campsite is ideally located in the Ardèche in the south-east of France, in the village of Saint-Martin d’Ardèche and at the arrival point for the descent of the Ardeche by canoe or kayak.
This lovely campsite has direct access to the beach and is perfect for an outdoor holiday under the Ardèche sun!
Open from 17/04 to 28/09/2014
Space and relaxation, on the banks of a the Ardèche…
Situated just 300m from the centre of Saint-Martin d'Ardèche, Le Moulin Indigo Campsite*** has 200 spacious pitches in both the shade and the sun, on a site of over seven hectares on the banks of a river… Tents, caravans and motor homes are all welcome.
The site is ideally located on the edge of the river Ardèche, and you can swim in the river directly from the campsite itself.
Services for campers
The Hikers Tent
If you would like to set up a second tent on your pitch because your children would like a bit more independence during your holidays or you have friends coming to visit, the campsite has 2 person* tents available for hire.
Hire prices are €5 per day.
* A maximum of 6 people are allowed on your pitch in total
At the Moulin Indigo Campsite, 'camping' means a friendly and sociable holiday. To make your stay all the more enjoyable, a range of services are organised for campers: a camper's corner at reception where you can buy useful and practical camping items if you are short of anything at all, a morning bread service, individually-locked refrigerated storage units (total volume of 30L) for campers without ice boxes wanting to keep produce fresh and cool.
The campsite has three comfortable shower blocks available for your use. The site also has shower blocks with family cubicles and baby changing areas.
The shower blocks are suitable for the handicapped. They are checked and cleaned several times a day.
At the Moulin Indigo Campsite***, you can stay in a Wood & Canvas tent and sleep under a canvas roof in all the comfort, or stay in a gypsy caravan – an original type of accommodation for an unusual holiday escape.
Three models of "Wood and Canvas" tent are available.
Classic IV & Classic V Wood&Canvas Tents
Designed with a wooden frame and floor, they have a fully equiped kitchen area and 2 bedrooms. They can accommodate up to 4 or 5 people .
Sweet Wood&Canvas Tents
Have a fully equiped kitchen area and 2 bedrooms. There is also a bathroom area with a shower, sink and toilet. They accommodate up to 5 people.
Virtual tour accommodation
So that you can make the most of the site, there are parking areas near to the Wood & Canvas tents where you can park your car.
At the Le Moulin Indigo Campsite, you can rent a wooden caravans.
Each gypsy caravans can accommodate up to 4 people. They consist of a living room with kitchenette, 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. So that you have a peaceful holiday, the gypsy caravans are organised into vehicle-free 'villages': a parking area is available.
Useful information: remember to take your duvet or sheets and pillowslips! Sheets are not provided. You can borrow sheets in situ (sheets and pillowslips) : 9.50 Euros per bed.
The Hikers Tent
Had you planned to rent a Wood & Canvas tent or a Wood Trailer but on arriving you have found that your children would like more independence?
The campsite has 2 person* tents for hire: Hikers tents, which you can set up on your pitch, next to your rental accommodation.
* The number of people staying on your pitch must not exceed the number of people accepted in your rental accommodation
Useful information: remember to take your duvet or sheets and pillowslips! Sheets are not provided. You can borrow sheets in situ (sheets and pillowslips) : 8.90 Euros per bed.
At the Le Moulin Indigo Campsite, you will find:
- a friendly reception area with all the information that you need for a great stay and a free Internet point. Would you like to go down the river Ardèche in a canoe? Feel free to ask for more information at the campsite reception!
- a cosy central lodge (open all season), where you can enjoy a coffee, read a book on the region or play a board game with family and friends.
- a cafe-restaurant where you can have a drink on the terrace or enjoy one of our salads, home-made pizzas or grills. The café-restaurant is open during the May bank holiday weekends and in July and August.
- for a real French breakfast, bread and croissants are available (order in advance).
- a tent hire service with 2 person "Hikers tents" for 5€/day.
- leasing service for individual refrigerated storage units (total volume of 30L), to keep produce fresh and cool. Lockable refrigerated storage units located on the same level as the toilets. €3/day.
- a laundry area with a washing machine. - a small grocery store offers you your primairy needs and some regional products : jam, honey, fruit juice, ….
- There is a small supermarket just 300 metres from the campsite in the village of Saint-Martin d'Ardèche.
A whole range of useful services are available in the nearby village of St Martin d'Ardèche:
- Small supermarket 300m away
- Bakery 300m away Bank 300m away
- Tourist information 300m away
Activities and a chance to relax on the campsite
Le Moulin Indigo Campsite has a heated pool (open from 22 April to 2 October), so that you can make the most of the Ardèche sunshine. Deck chairs and parasols are available for your use on the large wooden terrace. You can enjoy a game of football, volleyball, table tennis or petanque with family and friends, and smaller children will love the children's playground.
New for 2013: a brand new children's playground that your children will just love.
Come along to the central lodge, with its large terrace that opens onto the swimming pool and games area, for a relaxing break: board games are available here for your use, as well as snooker, table football, and books about the local region. Outside of the high season, you can meet up with friends and family to warm up together around the log stove.
Le Moulin Indigo Campsite is on the edge of River Ardèche and has its own beach that you can swim from! It is also possible to hire pedalos nearby.
Le Moulin Indigo Campsite is one of the arrival points when you go down the Ardèche Gorges by canoe or kayak. You can use local transport to go to Vallon Pont-d'Arc, and then come back to Saint-Martin on the river.
In the summer, Moulin Indigo Campsite organises a simple and friendly activity programme so that you can join in some great activities and discover the surrounding region.
The children's workshops
Children's workshops are organised every weekday morning and involve activities that encourage children to develop new skills and learn and explore in a fun environment.
Two workshops are organised over the course of the morning: one for 5-7 year olds and one for 8-11 year olds.
Every week, one of our partners organizes a manual workshop: kite making, prehistory...
In the daytime
You can take part in family outings or workshops: an initiation to "campsite cooking", a chance to discover the secrets of the Gorges during a guided walk with the Syndicat des Gorges de l'Ardèche...
You can also join in our daily sports tournaments: volley ball, table tennis,...
Every week in the summer we hold the unmissable Indigo Games (Olympiads) with all sorts of challenges for you to do with family or friends.
In the evenings
Enjoy a jazz or festive music concert, a local dinner, a night swimming and much more.
Come along to the activity programme welcome meeting from 12 o'clock every Sunday in July and August, for a full presentation of the week's activities!
These sociable evenings will also give you the opportunity to meet our local partners.
Visit the village of Saint-Martin d’Ardèche
Le Moulin Indigo Campsite is located just 300m from the centre of Saint-Martin d’Ardèche, a small village, ideally located in the far south of the Ardèche. The river of the same name flows through it, marking the border with the Gard region. The village is home to several designated historical monuments, including the house of the surrealist painter Max Ernst, Bosquet château, as well as an 11th century church and even the ruins of a dolmen...
Office de tourisme de St Martin d'Ardèche - Place de l'Église 07700 Saint-Martin d'Ardèche - Tél : + 33 (0)4 75 98 70 91 - http://www.ot-stmartin-ardeche.com/
On the other side of the river, Aiguèze is also well worth visiting.
Just after the Saint-Martin bridge, you’ll find yourself in one of the prettiest villages in France… Aiguèze is perched on a cliff with a view over both the Gorges of the Ardèche and the celebrated Côtes du Rhône vineyards. It is a village filled with history and local crafts, including its artisanal pottery workshop and its crystal glassworks.
Aiguèze is located in the Gard region, where you will find a richly contrasting landscape of vineyards, scrubland and mountains.
A magnificent natural setting: the Gorges of the Ardèche
Le Moulin Indigo Campsite at Saint-Martin d'Ardèche enjoys an exceptional location at the base of the Ardèche Gorges…
The gorges consist of a 30 km canyon that has been naturally carved between Vallon Pont d’Arc and Saint-Martin.
To protect this environment, part of this canyon has been designated the Ardèche Gorges Nature Reserve.
Explore sinkholes and caves
All around the campsite there are numerous caves and sinkholes (vertical cavities) to explore. One of the most famous is the sinkhole at Orgnac (Aven d'Orgnac), less than 15km from the Indigo campsite.
Located at the intersection of the Southern Ardèche, the Drôme, the northern part of the Gard and the Vaucluse, Saint-Martin offers endless possibilities for country walks and cultural visits! Visit, for example, the village of Grignan in the Provençal Drôme, or Ségueret – designated one of the prettiest villages in France – in the Vaucluse.
Prices in euros per night
17/04 - 27/05
30/08 - 28/09
|28/05 - 26/06||
27/06 - 4/07
24/08 - 29/08
|5/07 - 23/08|
|Normal Pitch Package||16,10||17,50||22,90||28|
|Kid from 2 to 7 years old included||free||3,10||4||4,70|
Local tax : 0,55€ per day and per person from 13 years old (based on 2012).
- Normal pitch package : one type of accommodation (tent, caravan, camping-car) + 2 persons and/or a vehicle.
- Pitches accommodate a maximum of 6 persons.
- Possibility of subscribing for a cancellation policy for a camping pitch: 11€ per 1-30 day period
For reservations of 3 nights and more: 25% of the total to be paid at the moment of reservation, the balance to be paid at the end of your holiday.
For reservations or 1 or 2 nights: 100% of the price of your holiday at the moment of reservation.
- Booking fees : €22
- Booking modification fee : €22
- Fridge hire : €5,80/day - security deposit €100.
- Breakfast : Coffee-bread €3,80 / Complete €6,90.
- Service bay for camper vans : €7 (free with a pitch).
(Prices in euros/night/lodging)
|17/04 - 27/06||28/06 - 07/07||08/07 - 25/08||26/08 - 30/08||31/08 - 28/09|
|Classic IV Wood and Canvas Tent - up to 4 pers.||45||62||84||64||45|
|Classic V Wood and Canvas Tent - up to 5 pers.||51||72||94||74||51|
|Sweet Wood and Canvas Tent - up to 5 pers.||59||82||108||84||59|
|Gipsy caravan - up to 4 pers.||62||90||115||90||62|
|Mobil-Home - up to 6 pers.||68||96||121||96||68|
Day of arrival/departure free - 2 nights minimum
Day of arrival/departure free - 3 nights minimum
Local tax : 0,55€ per day and per person from 13 years old (based on 2012)
- Security deposit : €200
- Possibility of subscribing for a cancellation policy: €2,10/night
- Pets: 1 per rental, refer to the tarifs in our ‘pitches’ section
- Baby kit rental (crib + high chair): €4/day from 05/07 till 31/08, free the rest of the year - subject to availability - Security deposit €100.
- Fridge hire : €5,80/day - security deposit €100
- The "Hikers tents" : 5€/day - The number of people staying on your pitch must not exceed the number of people accepted in your rental accommodation.
- Linen hire (sheets + pillowcase) : €9,50/bed.
- Deposit : 25% when booking, remaining amount to be paid one month before day of arrival.
- Booking fees : €22
- Booking modification fees : €22
- Breakfast : Coffee-bread €3,80 / Complete €6,90.
- Cleaning package : €65 (except kitchen corner).
- 1 vehicle per rental.
RCS Aubenas - 500 749 213 00020 / AP : 98/964 du 25 juillet 1998