Vallouise Indigo Campsite… At the foot of the Ecrins National Park, in the heart of the mountain village of Vallouise, The Vallouise Indigo Campsite*** is located in the Hautes-Alpes (05), in the Pays des Ecrins region, 20 km from Briançon. The campsite is situated at the entrance of the traditional village of Vallouise, which enjoys 300 days of sunshine a year, fresh mountain air and is set in a preserved natural environment. Stay in the heart of the mountains at 1200 m altitude. Enjoy the new services: a heated pool, a friendly central lodge...
Open from 27/05 to 28/09/2014
Camp on a beautiful natural site at 1200 m altitude, bordered by two mountain streams : the Onde and the Gyr.
The Vallouise Indigo Campsite*** is located at the entrance of the village of Vallouise on a flat site with incredible views across the mountains. Come and set up your tent, caravan or motorhome on one of the 145 pitches.
> More photos
Ready to Camp Kit
And if you don't have your camping equipment with you or would like to travel light, you can book one of our 'Ready to Camp' kits,
including a tent and all the necessary equipment for camping.
The Hikers Tent
If you would like to set up a second tent on your pitch because your children would like a bit more independence during your holidays or you have friends coming to visit, the campsite has 2 person* tents available for hire.
Hire prices are €5 per day.
* A maximum of 6 people are allowed on your pitch in total.
To make your stay on the campsite all the more enjoyable, you can make the most of our other services for campers : the camping shop at reception that offers a range of useful and practical camping items, the morning bread service, etc.
The Vallouise Indigo Campsite has two shower blocks available for your use that were fully renovated just this year. There is a handicapped cubicle and access. A baby changing area is available for campers travelling with babies.
Shower blocks are checked and cleaned several times a day.
Stay in the mountains in a Wood & Canvas tent and enjoy the fresh air and surrounding environment in comfort!
Wood and Canvas" tents
Three models of "Wood and Canvas" tent are available at the Vallouise Indigo Campsite***.
Designed with a wooden frame and floor, they are fully equipped (fridge, camping stove, real bedding with blankets and pillows, tables and chairs, crockery, lamps, etc.). They can accommodate up to 4 (Classic IV Wood and Canvas tent) or 5 people (Classic V Wood and Canvas tent) and have a living room that opens onto a wooden terrace with an awning as well as two separate bedrooms.
The Cosy Wood & Canvas tent also has a log stove so you can enjoy warm evenings around a fire!
The Indigo Chalet
The Indigo chalet is a beautiful 35 m² bungalow that sleeps up to 6 people.
The chalet is fully equipped and has a lovely 10 m² terrace.
> Accommodation description
Useful information: remember to take your duvet or sheets and pillowslips!
Sheets are not provided. You can borrow sheets in situ (sheets and pillowslips) : 9,50 Euros per bed.
The Hikers Tent
Had you planned to rent a Wood & Canvas tent or a chalet but on arriving you have found that your children would like more independence?
The campsite has 2 person* tents for hire: Hikers tents, which you can set up on your pitch, next to your rental accommodation.
* The number of people staying on your pitch must not exceed the number of people accepted in your rental accommodation
At Vallouise Indigo Campsite, you will find :
- a friendly reception area with all the information that you need for a great stay and a free Internet point.
- Our team is on hand to welcome you from 8am to 12am and from 16pm to 20pm. We remind you that spaces are available from 2pm and rented accommodation from 4pm.
- A camper's corner at reception selling a whole range of camping items (tent pegs, torches, matches, ponchos, compasses, etc.).
- A cosy central lodge (open all season), where you can enjoy a coffee, read a book on the region, watch television or play a board game with family and friends
- A snack wagon (in July & August) where you can have a drink on the terrace or enjoy a salad or home-made pizza...
- For a real French breakfast, bread and croissants are available (order in advance).
- A tent hire service with 2 person "Hikers tents" for 5€/day.
- A laundry area with a washing machine
A range of useful services are available just close to the campsite in the village of Vallouise:
- Bakery 300m away
- Small supermarket 300m away
- Bank and Tourist Information Centre 300m away
Activities and a chance to relax on the campsite...
The Vallouise Indigo Campsite has a new heated pool (open from 27/05 to 29/09) for you to make the most of the sunshine and relax after beautiful walks!
Deck chairs and parasols are available for your use so that you can make the most of the stunning views over the mountains!
You can play tennis, volleyball, table tennis or petanque with family and friends, and smaller children will love the children's playground.
You can also come along to the new central lodge to sit back and relax: a library corner and board games are available for your use.
The activity programme
During the summer, Vallouise Indigo Campsite organises a friendly, nature-themed activity programme, so that you can have a great holiday in the mountains and explore the Hautes Alpes region.
The children's workshops
Children's workshops are organised every weekday morning and involve activities that encourage children to develop new skills and learn and explore in a fun environment.
Two workshops are organised over the course of the morning: one for 5-7 year olds and one for 8-11 year olds.
In the daytime
You can take part in family workshops, including cookery workshop using mountain plants that you will gather with Nathalie, an accompanied tour of the heritage of Vallouise, ...
You can also join in our sports tournaments: badminton, table tennis,...
Every week in the summer we hold the unmissable Indigo Games (Olympiads) with all sorts of challenges for you to do with family or friends.
In the evenings
Come and join in meal nights where you can meet your fellow campers, open air film nights, a concert, magic or circus-arts show, join in a local themed dinner or a games gala night...
Come along to the activity programme welcome meeting at the end of the afternoon every Sunday in July and August, for a full presentation of the week's activities!
These sociable evenings will also give you the opportunity to meet our local partners.
Explore the Ecrins National Park in the heart of a unique mountain range...
The Vallouise Indigo Campsite, located in the typical mountain village of Vallouise in the Hautes-Alpes region, is an ideal destination for nature, adventure and discovery holidays. In terms of heritage, the village of Vallouise has a real architectural wealth with its buildings decorated with sundials.
Office de Tourisme de Vallouise - Place de l'église - 05290 VALLOUISE - Tél : 0810 00 11 12 - http://vallouise.paysdesecrins.com/
The Ecrins National Park
The Ecrins National Park welcomes you to a preserved, wild natural environment, amidst glaciers and a unique mountain range.
The Ecrins National Park abounds with an exceptional and diverse range of wildlife; discover this land of contrasts with the sunny Mediterranean slopes of the Vignettes and the Barre des Ecrins; the magnificent blue thistle and the shy rock jasmine; the brown long-eared bat and the golden eagle...
You can also enjoy a walk alongside mountain streams and larches as you set out to discover the rural village of Dormillouse and its little hamlets, located in the Freissinières valley.
For lovers of adventure
The Vallouise Indigo Campsite is an ideal destination for lovers of adventure and open air sports. It is a perfect base for walks, mountain biking, canoeing trips down the river Onde, white-water rafting on the river Gyr, climbing the Glacier Blanc and Glacier Noir, rock climbing near Ailefroide... or you can even go paragliding and enjoy the stunning views it offers over the valley ... and land just at the foot of the campsite...
Prices in euros per night
27/05 - 26/06
30/08 - 28/09
27/06 - 11/07
17/08 - 29/08
|12/07 - 16/08|
|Normal Pitch Package||15,60||19,60||23|
|Spacious Pitch Package||18,40||23||27,50|
|Ready to Camp pitch package||-||44,90||48,30|
|Kid from 2 to 7 years old included||free||3||3,90|
Local tax : 0,20€ per day and per person from 13 years old. (based on 2012)
- Normal pitch package : one type of accommodation (tent, caravan, camping-car) + 2 persons and/or a vehicle.
- Spacious pitch package : pitch >120m², one type of accommodation (tent, caravan, camping-car) + 2 persons and/or a vehicle. A wooden picnic table.
- Ready to Camp pitch package : one normal pitch with electricity, one tent set up on your pitch with camping equipment, 2 people + 1 vehicle.
- Hikers’ package : 1 person, a small tent, no vehicle.
- Possibility of subscribing for a cancellation policy for a camping pitch: 11€ per 1-30 day period
- Pitches accommodate a maximum of 6 persons.
For reservations of 3 nights and more: 25% of the total to be paid at the moment of reservation, the balance to be paid at the end of your holiday.
For reservations or 1 or 2 nights: 100% of the price of your holiday at the moment of reservation.
- Booking fees : €22
- Booking modification fee : €22
- Fridge hire : €5,80/day - security deposit €100.
- Breakfast : Coffee-bread €3,80 / Complete €6,90.
- Service bay for camper vans : €7 (free with a pitch).
(Prices in euros/night/lodging)
|27/05 - 04/07||05/07 - 11/07||12/07 - 23/08||24/08 - 30/08||31/08 - 28/09|
|Classic IV Wood and Canvas Tent - up to 4 pers.||41||60||82||60||41|
|Classic V Wood and Canvas Tent - up to 5 pers..||47||67||90||67||47|
|Cosy Wood and Canvas Tent - up to 5 pers.||51||70||93||70||51|
|Indigo Chalet - up to 6 pers.||59||89||118||89||59|
|From 7 nights||-30%||-30%|
* 2 nights minimum - Day of arrival/departure free
** 3 nights minimum - Day of arrival/departure free
Local tax : 0,20€ per day and per person from 13 years old.
- Security deposit : €200
- Possibility of subscribing for a cancellation policy: €2,10/night
- Pets: 1 per rental, refer to the tarifs in our ‘pitches’ section
- Baby kit rental (crib + high chair): €4/day from 05/07 till 31/08, free the rest of the year - subject to availability - Security deposit €100.
- Fridge hire : €5,80/day - security deposit €100
- The "Hikers tents" : 5€/day - The number of people staying on your pitch must not exceed the number of people accepted in your rental accommodation.
- Linen hire (sheets + pillowcase) : €9,50/bed.
- Deposit : 25% when booking, remaining amount to be paid one month before day of arrival.
- Booking fees : €22
- Booking modification fees : €22
- Breakfast : Coffee-bread €3,80 / Complete €6,90.
- Cleaning package : €65 (except kitchen corner).
- 1 vehicle per rental.
RCS Gap - 531 461 366 00027 / AC C05-043540-001 Paris, le 04/07/2013